A hacker who says they are responsible for uncovering nude photos of more than 100 celebrities including Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton says the mobile hit job was plotted by multiple people and took months to pull off.
Daily Mail’s James Nye found the alleged hacker’s comment on an anonIB thread early Monday. In the comment, the hacker thanked the community for its support. This person also said they were on the run, and that they’d be moving to a new location where they’d continue to post about the hacked photos and videos. The FBI has launched an investigation into the hacking and Apple has patched up a security flaw in iCloud that could have enabled the hacker(s) to access the celebrities’ private photos. Apple has not officially commented on how the security breach happened but says it is “actively investigating” the situation and that it takes its users’ privacy “very seriously.”
“Guys, just to let you know I didn’t do this by myself,” the alleged lead hacker wrote. “There are several other people who were in on it and I needed to count on to make this happened. This is the result of several months of long and hard work by all involved. We appreciate your donations and applaud your excitement. I will soon be moving to another location from which I will continue to post.”
Here’s the screengrab of the comment, from Daily Mail:
Here are all of the ways the photos could have been hacked form iCloud.
Childbirth is one messy, horrible, beautiful, painful, awe-inspiring, bodily fluid geyser of a shitshow. As a twenty-something with no intention of starting a family anytime soon, it absolutely terrifies me. So let’s watch some dudes watch some childb… →
Kate Upton was also a victim read more
New York (AFP) – Former champion Andy Murray defeated France’s Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 7-5, 7-5, 6-4 on Monday to reach the quarter-finals of the US Open.
The eighth-seeded Scot booked a clash with world number one Novak Djokovic, the man he beat in the 2012 final at Flushing Meadows for his first Grand Slam title.
Murray broke Tsonga in the final game of each set en route to the victory, recovering an early break in both the second and third sets as he battled past the Frenchman, who had beaten him on his way to the title in Toronto in August in their last encounter.
“It was extremely tough conditions, very humid and obviously windy,” Murray said. “It started to cool down at the end but the first two sets were very long tough sets.”
Murray felt a turning point was when he saved three break points in the third game of the third set to avoid falling into an 0-3 hole.
He broke Tsonga in the next game to get the set back on serve and in the final game gave himself a triple break point with a precise backhand winner.
Tsonga saved one with an overhead, but misfired on the next to end it.
Washington (AFP) – Three US citizens held in North Korea pleaded for their freedom Monday, urging Washington to send an envoy to the isolated authoritarian state to negotiate their release.
As government minders looked on, Kenneth Bae, Jeffrey Fowle and Matthew Miller, who appeared tense, provided new details about their treatment in the reclusive, autocratic state.
“Continue to pray for me,” Bae, the longest-held detainee, said in a message to family and friends in a highly unusual interview with CNN.
Bae said he was working eight hours a day, six days a week at a labor camp.
He said he had been treated “as humanely as possible” but warned that his health was failing and urged the United States to act swiftly to save him.
“I do ask (the) US government to send an envoy as soon as possible. I think that’s the only hope I have right now,” he said.
Bae was arrested in November 2012 and later sentenced to 15 years of hard labor on charges of seeking to topple the North Korean government.
The three spoke to CNN a hotel in the capital Pyongyang. The US broadcaster said a reporting team already in North Korea on an official tour had been summoned to conduct the unplanned interview.
In Washington, the State Department said it had seen reports regarding their detention and continued to “work actively” to free them.
“Out of humanitarian concern for Jeffrey Fowle, Matthew Miller, and their families, we request the DPRK release them so they may return home,” spokeswoman Jen Psaki said.
“We also request the DPRK pardon Kenneth Bae and grant him special amnesty and immediate release so he may reunite with his family and seek medical care.”
Fowle entered the North on April 29 and was detained after reportedly leaving a Bible at a hotel.
“I’m good for the time being, but I need to let people know that I’m getting desperate, I’m getting desperate for help,” he said.
Fowle suggested former US presidents Bill Clinton or George Bush be dispatched as special envoys, adding he was treated “fairly well,” was able to take a daily walk and had a “hotel suite type of room.”
Miller was arrested in April after he apparently ripped up his visa at immigration and demanded asylum.
North Korea said in July it would put Miller and Fowle on trial on unspecified charges related to “perpetrating hostile acts.”
Miller, too, pleaded for help from Washington.
“My situation is very urgent … I think this interview is my final chance to push the American government into helping me,” he said, wearing a dark turtleneck and often looking away from the interviewer.
Bae began serving his sentence in May 2013.
When asked about his health problems, he said he has a sleep disorder and severe back pain and that he had been going back and forth from hospital to the labor camp.
“I get numb and tingling and it has been very difficult sleeping at night. And I was working in the field every day,” he said.
- ‘Difficult to watch’ -
Bae’s family has voiced fear that he is being used as a bargaining chip by North Korea.
His sister Terri Chung said it was evident from the video that her brother, who wore a button-down shirt and sat on a chair during the interview, was under a lot of stress.
“It is really difficult to watch because Kenneth is, you know, kind of full of life and very cheerful kind of a person,” she told CNN.
“And it is clear from the video that he is under a lot of stress. And he talks about his health failing and being in complete isolation for almost two years. And it is devastating for our family to see that on TV.”
The US special envoy for North Korean human rights issues, Robert King, has twice tried to visit the North to secure Bae’s release, only for Pyongyang to cancel at the last minute.
Victor Cha, director of Asian Studies at Georgetown University, said the move appeared to be a bid by Pyongyang to show “a willingness to contemplate release of these three with the dispatch of a high-level envoy.”
Police say a southern California couple were so invested in a Parent-Teacher Association rivalry that they tried to frame a parent volunteer by planting drugs in her car.Read more… →
This week on Outlander, Claire took her best shot at a Great Escape, we got some more insight into Dougal’s attitude problem and also our romantic leads held hands for several seconds and it was glorious. Also: I cannot stop humming the theme song. Re… →
Jane Fonda is selling her very, very large Santa Fe ranch for $19.5 million. The actress’ ‘Forked Lightening Ranch’ includes 2,300-deeded acres with over three miles of The Pecos River (one of the “finest trout fisheries in the state”) R… →
Says alter ego Peter Andrews: “It’s ON!”read more
Today, in GUUUUUOOHMYGODWHY, a Colorado woman attempting to send a voice text message while driving collided with a guardrail, which somehow found its way through her seat, into her upper thigh and buttocks, impaling her. Ahem, all together now: NO.Re… →
Mobile payments is an idea that sounds much better than it is in practice. At least for right now.
Despite the efforts of PayPal, Square, and even Google Wallet, few people have actually replaced their wallets with their smartphones, which was the original idea behind mobile payments: Since most financial transactions are electronic these days (sorry cash), we should be able to make our wallets and our phones into one single product.
Apple’s alleged mobile payments system, which was actually patented years ago as the “iWallet,” describes how users could control their financial accounts and transactions on their phones, but also be able to pay for goods directly with those devices as well, thanks to a near-field communications (NFC) chip.
Services like Google Wallet use NFC, though barcodes and QR codes are still more popular among mobile payments users at the moment.
Compared to other services, Apple’s mobile payments platform, made secure by its proven Touch ID fingerprint scanner, iPhone users could see their credit card profiles, messages from their banks, and even schedule payments directly from their phones.
Apple already stores a great deal of financial data in iTunes, but by giving users control over their finances in a simple app, they can learn more about their spending habits, ore even set spending limits on their children’s’ devices, which would disallow kids from charging millions of dollars worth of in-app purchases.
Apple must have found a great solution, because it’s finally convinced all of the major credit card companies to work together on the service, according to Re/code.
While the iPhone would reportedly anchor Apple’s forthcoming mobile payments service, the company’s unannounced wearable device is also expected to play a role in this service, since the wrist device will have tight integration with the iPhone. This could allow “iWatch” customers to leave their iPhones in their pockets as they pay with their wrists.
It’s unclear if and how this service will become an extra revenue stream for Apple, but if people can actually — finally — substitute all of the items in their wallets with valid digital substitutes, it should give consumers one more reason to buy an Apple device this season.
People might be happier about having a bit more visual real estate to use their apps, but killing the credit/debit card once and for all with a simple and more efficient solution — if that’s what actually happens on Sept. 9 — would be a much bigger deal.
One of the main reasons people go to college and graduate school is to find a high-paying job when they’re done. But a college education and a prestigious job do not necessarily mean you’ll be raking in the cash. Some of these gigs, like being an archi… →
It’s official: North American summer revenue barely cracks $4 billion, an eight-year low and down 15 percent from 2013
Until the internet became a thing we all know and love, themed weddings were kind of a rarity in the eyes of most people. Ten years ago, pictures from the occasional underground Star Wars wedding might have found their way on to eBaum’s World or a clip show to be mocked. But these days, nary a July goes by without another crop of zombie-themed engagement pictures showing up in your Facebook newsfeed. Themed weddings are having a major renaissance right now—and I when I say “renaissance,” I mean that people are having renaissance-themed weddings.